The London Youth Quality Mark is the only quality assurance scheme for youth organisations which is accredited by City and Guilds and, uniquely, involves young people in assessment.
There are three levels within the Quality Mark; Bronze, Silver and Gold. The Bronze award focuses on the policies and procedures clubs need to have in place to ensure they are operating legally and safely. Silver focuses more on the opportunities provided to young people, as well as their training and support provided to staff and volunteers. The Gold award is a badge of excellence which focuses on providing evidence that the club is committed to continuous improvement and involves young people at all levels.
Ambition Quality is UK Youth’s nationally recognised assurance scheme specifically designed for organisations working with young people to enable them to develop quality provision, achieve lasting improvements and confidently demonstrate the quality of services being delivered to your young people. Ambition Quality also has three levels to achieve and we are pleased we have been accredited with the Ambition Quality Gold Mark.
- Provide an environment which encourages and enables participation.
- Identifies individual/group need/s, to provide appropriate support and to refer Young People to other agencies or provide suitable project work if needed.
- To provide a diverse and stimulating programme of activities with multiple choice.
- To provide suitable equipment which enhances our offer.
- To seek funding and donations to enable us to provide equipment which will enable all young people to have the opportunity to take part in activities regardless of ability.
- To provide regular activities within the local community, either within our set times or outside our core provi sion.
- Young people choose to take part
- We place young people’s needs and interests at the heart of what we do
- We engage with young people in the planning of activities and shaping of our services.